Tired of doing the same winter activities every year? Ready to move on from snowman-building, ice-skating, and skiing to something more extreme? Well, ice fishing in Sudbury is just the thing for you!
Ice fishing is a very Canadian experience. Most people consider it an activity that should be experienced at least once in every Canadian’s lifetime. Thankfully, if you can handle the cold, it’s pretty easy to do. All you need is a rod, bait, an auger, and a shelter for the wind!
If you’re looking to do some quality ice fishing in Sudbury, here’s a step by step guide for you:
Where To Go
Windy Lake Provincial Park is considered the best place for ice fishing in Sudbury. It is located 40 minutes northwest of Sudbury! This is an ideal place for ice fishing because it is home to adorable rustic cabins and because you can rent all the equipment you need right on site (on a first come, first serve basis)!
Other Things You’ll Need
To make the most of your ice fishing experience, here’s what we recommend:
– Bring water and snacks. Nobody wants to be thirsty or hungry when ice fishing!
– Sure, you’ll be out during the day, but it might be easier to set up with some additional light!
– Never underestimate the cold!
– Hot water or tea! Again: never underestimate the cold!
– Your fishing licenses. You can be fined without it!
– Lots of patience! Ice fishing can take a lot of time!
The season is almost here! Get ready to go ice fishing!
Don’t delay your magnificent ice fishing trip. Plan your ice fishing weekend in Sudbury with a stay at Quality Inn Sudbury. There’s nothing better than a warm and comfortable accommodation after a long day of ice fishing. Book a room by calling us at Quality Inn Sudbury today: 705-675-1273.