Sudbury’s Snowshoe Lending Program is a wonderful initiative that our beautiful city is pushing to encourage everybody to get outside! Enjoy all of the wonderful things that winter has to offer (like soft, fluffy snow) by heading over to one of 10 Greater Sudbury Public Libraries with the whole family to grab a pair of snowshoes!
How It Works
10 Greater Sudbury Public Library locations are now stocked with snowshoes that you can borrow for up to one week! All you need is your library card (if you don’t already have one, sign up for one here).
Here are the locations to visit if you are looking to borrow a pair of snowshoes:
- Capreol Public Library & Citizen Service Centre
- Coniston Library
- Dowling Public Library & Citizen Service Centre
- Garson Public Library & Citizen Service Centre
- Levack / Onaping Public Library
- Lively Public Library & Citizen Service Centre
- Main Public Library
- New Sudbury Library
- South End Public Library
- Valley East Public Library & Citizen Service Centre
Where to Snowshoe
Once you’ve got your borrowed snowshoes, check out these amazing local trails!
- Kivi Park – offers year-round trail access and has one of the best snowshoeing trails in the winter.
- Laurentian Nordic Ski Club – this trial is over 9km long!
- Walden Ski Club – this trail is approximately 20km long and is a very popular location for snowshoeing in Sudbury.
- BioSki Cross-Country Ski & Snowshoe Club – this trail is unique as it loops to maximize trail distance!
Winter doesn’t have to mean boarding up inside your house. Get outside and get snowshoeing with the help of this incredible program. It’s fun for the whole family! if you need a place to stay after a fun day outdoors, consider making Quality Inn Sudbury your accommodation of choice. Call us today to reserve a room: 705.675.1273