The humble town of Sudbury is home to all sorts of fun, flavor, and culture. The local environment is full of fancy foods, arts, entertainment, and environmental phenomena that many people don’t know about. Here’s a list of 5 cool things you might not know about the Nickel City, that you might want to check out for yourself one day:
- Sudbury has the largest Francophone population in Ontario. If you speak French, you can show off your knowledge in our diverse and multi-lingual town.
- Need a place to go swimming or a beautiful summer-time view? The Greater Sudbury area has 330 freshwater lakes.
- Sudbury is home to the largest chimney in the Northern hemisphere. We know, this is a bit crazy but it’s true! It’s located at the Sudbury Superstack and measures at 380 metres tall!
- Sudbury Superstack is also the second tallest building in Canada. The only thing that beats it is—you guessed it—the CN Tower located in Toronto.
- One of Sudbury’s greatest geological landmarks is the Sudbury Basin, a 27 km deep impact crater. Also known as Sudbury Structure or the Sudbury Nickel Irruptive, it is the third largest known impact crater on Earth.
Sudbury is full of fascinating sights, things, talents, and people. Come and discover them all by taking an adventure up to our unassuming yet magnificent town. If you’re traveling up to Sudbury, consider staying with us at Quality Inn Sudbury. Our convenient location in the heart of Sudbury allows for access all over the city and an easy route back to our warm and welcoming hotel. We will make your stay in Sudbury comfortable so that you have the best memories of our beautiful town. Don’t complicate your travel accommodations— stay at Quality Inn. Call us today at 1.800.461.1120 to reserve a room today.