Let your imagination soar at the Science North, the most popular tourist attraction in Northern Ontario. Plan a visit to Sudbury and spend a day appreciating the science museum, which has some meticulously created scientific wonders on display. The Science North consists of two snowflake-shaped buildings. These buildings are connected by a rock tunnel, which passes through a billion-year-old geological fault.
Here’s a list of experiences that you can enjoy spending quality time with your family, friends and loved ones at the Science North museum:
- IMAX with Laser: The 3D IMAX with laser will truly leave you mesmerized
- Vale Cavern– Wildfires! A Firefighting Adventure in 3D
- Nature Exchange– unique experience where visitors collect and research natural items from the wild and are swapped for points in a database. The points can be used to purchase other natural artefacts from around the world (i.e.: Rocks, sea shells, fossils, etc.)
- Lapidary Lab– Visitors learn how to cut, grind and polish rocks to turn them from ordinary stones into works of art.
- Jean MacLeod Butterfly Gallery– A glass-enclosed butterfly house home to more than 400 butterflies from 30 different tropical species.
- BodyZone– BodyZone teaches about DNA and how it makes people unique, and how bodies work.
- Racetrack– Build a race-car and run it on the figure 8 tracks.
- CyberZone– Visitors can mix music at the DJ station, play with green screen technology, and create stop-motion animation movies.
The museum also owns and operates Sudbury’s Dynamic Earth facility, an earth sciences exhibition that is home to the Big Nickel, one of the city’s most famous landmarks. The Big Nickel is a replica of a 1952 Canadian nickel that sits on the grounds of the Dynamic Earth science museum. The Dynamic Earth science museum is an interactive science museum focusing on Sudbury’s mining history. There are numerous exhibits at the museum where the kids can learn how to mine, climb a mineral wall, look at diamonds and identify different minerals. They can also go on an underground tour of the mines.
A day at the Science North will surely be an exciting day for children of all ages, curious minds and science enthusiasts. So when you visit Sudbury, stay at the Quality Inn to experience more than just a room. Our warm and friendly staff is looking forward to welcoming you and assist you with a comfortable stay. Located in the downtown Sudbury, we are the perfect location for an exciting family holiday.
Location: 100 Ramsey Lake Rd, Sudbury, ON P3E 5S9
Hours: Monday to Sunday, 10 am to 4 pm
General Admission Ticket:
Senior: (65 years and over): $25
Youth (ages 13-17): $25
Child (ages 3-12): $23